Autocamp - Sonoma, CA
We left San Francisco at around noon taking Highway 1 north of Marin along the windy coast. After stopping for oysters and clam chowder in Bodega Bay we made our way through Jenner to Goat Rock Beach where the Russian River meets the Pacific Ocean. From there we entered into a canopy of redwoods before rolling into Guerneville and our home for the next few days Autocamp.
We decided to stay here because of a good friend’s recommendation and based off of the photos we’d seen, we knew we were in for a treat. However, Autocamp exceeded all of our expectations. A few highlights included:
· Spacious and beautifully designed airstreams. Our family of five comfortably fit in one airstream.
· Complimentary breakfast croissants, food, quality coffee, hot chocolate. The station to make your own fresh squeezed orange juice was especially a hit with the kids.
· Spa like showers… no joke some of the best water pressure I have ever had.
· Communal Fire Pit with smore supplies available for purchase.
· Tons of board and lawn games to keep entertained.
· Close proximity to the coast and the quaint town center.
Photos: Suzi Jacobs