29 Palms Inn
Although a lot of people know that Sarah is from the desert, very few would believe that the majority of her adolescence was actually spent an hour up highway 62 in a quaint little town called 29 palms. At any rate, Sarah wanted to show the family what her childhood 4th of July experiences were like, so we packed up the van and made the trek out to the 29 Palms Inn.
Sitting at the base of Joshua Tree National Park, 29 Palms is home to a large Marine Base and boasts of a vibrant community of artists and outdoor desert enthusiasts. I immediately fell in love the second we saw the hand painted signs directing us to the Inn and our time spent only got better from there.
I could go on for days about how much we enjoyed our stay, but the bottom line is that the inn was exactly what we were looking for. It’s a stripped down hotel inclusive of enough amenities to make you feel comfortable with a simplicity that encourages social interaction with other guests and the natural desert habitat.
A few of the highlights include:
- Comfortable and clean rooms with options for small or large groups
- Pool with patio servers and live music in the evenings
- Excellent restaurant and bar that offers a complimentary continental breakfast every morning
- On premise organic farm that provides the produce for the restaurant
- Natural desert Oasis (The Oasis of Mara)
- Friendly owner and staff
- Easy access to Joshua Tree